As a leading UK training provider, we work with a large number of local and national employers to train the next generation of professionals. Our first-class training facilities, coupled with an experienced staff team with strong commercial awareness, enable us to offer a range of training programmes to meet specific skills and knowledge gaps across a large range of sectors.
Why recruit with BTC?
The ability to advertise Apprenticeship vacancies on the National Apprenticeship Service means that the BTC recruitment team are able to provide employers support with ensuring their vacancies are attracting nationwide applicants, we will also utilise our own channels to promote vacancies and maximise publicity. We can also work in tandem with your own businesses’ recruitment processes, meaning we are able to support with follow up activity once vacancies have closed. This can include:
- Updating employers with the number of applicants the vacancy is attracting
- Informing our talent pool of apprenticeship candidates of your vacancy
- Sifting and sorting through suitable candidates
- Running assessment days to enable employers to find out more about applicants
- Helping with pre-interview activities
- Keeping in touch with candidates
Our recruitment team recently processed over 600 applications for The National Trust, shortlisting them down to 80 for them to selectively recruit their final number of apprentices. Working together we offer a fully supported service to employers who return to recruit apprenticeships with us on a regular basis.
We receive a large steady stream across all of our apprenticeships throughout the year, meaning that we can keep an up-to-date talent pool of apprentice applicants who, where suitable, will be put forward to your vacancies. This cuts down the timescale from advertising to interview and gives you reassurance that these candidates have been given a conditional place on the college element of the apprenticeship, subject to them finding suitable employment.
How will an Apprenticeship benefit your business?
There are many benefits you could experience from an apprenticeship:
- Raised staff morale (73% of employers say staff morale is improved by having an apprentice)
- Reduced staff turnover
- Increased diversity
- You can upskill existing staff
- Increased productivity (78% of employers say that apprentices improved productivity)
- Attract the best candidates
- Create a talent pipeline across your organisation
- Improve your company image (67% of employers say employing apprentices improved their image in the sector)
- Match the skills of employees to the skills you need
Find out about more benefits of employing an apprentice, as well as the potential return on investment for your business here.
How does recruiting an apprentice work?
We understand that employing an apprentice can seem complicated at first, but once the process has been broken down you realise it’s easier than you first thought! Take a look at the steps below to employing your first apprentice:
- We’ll discuss with you any business needs and requirements you have. This is where we identify any skills gaps in your business that you want addressing. We can also answer any questions you have surrounding apprenticeships.
- We’ll work together to create a plan. We’ll collaborate to create a bespoke training plan that takes into account the skills gaps highlighted in our first meeting. This can be the recruitment of new staff or the upskilling of your current staff.
- We’ll look into the funding opportunities for you. Our business development team will advise you on the available funding options for the plan we’ve previously agreed. We’ll also help you to maximise your return on any payments you make towards the apprenticeship levy.
- We’ll start the recruitment process. This will include advertising via the National Apprenticeship Service, as well as pushing any vacancies on our social media networks to maximise publicity.
- We’ll help you interview potential candidates. We understand that employers may not wish to drain management time arranging and attending interviews, especially smaller organisations with limited HR functions. Therefore, if you wish, we can do that for you too!
- We’ll support you and your apprentice towards a successful apprenticeship. Once you’ve selected the apprentice(s) you would like to employ, the journey begins. We continually support your apprentice with the help of their designated assessor, and you’ll receive ongoing support from our Business Development team.
Interested in recruiting an Apprentice?
Find out how BTC are celebrating #NAW2020 and get involved by registering to attend our upcoming industry events:
- Growth Somerset Talent Awards – Monday 3 February
- Welding Centre of Excellence Forum – Monday 3 February
- BTC Business Breakfast – Wednesday 5 February
- South West Food & Drink Forum – Wednesday 26 February
- Apprenticeship and Careers Open Evening – Wednesday 4 March
If you’d like to discuss recruiting an apprentice, or if you’d like to attend one of our events, please contact us on 01278 655111 or email email@example.com