Veterinary nurses are a vital part of the veterinary team and employed in veterinary practices as well as specialised animal fields. You need to be employed in a veterinary practice that has met the standards set by the Central Qualification awarding body. Veterinary practices that have been inspected and meet these standards are known as Training Practices (TPs).
· Maintaining animal health
· Essential veterinary nursing skills
· Nursing support in the provision of veterinary services
· Application of veterinary nursing care
· Principles and practices of diagnostics for veterinary nurses
· Pharmacology and pharmacy support for veterinary nursing practice
· Surgical theatre practice for veterinary nurses
· Supporting anaesthesia in veterinary practice
· Relationships and accountability in veterinary nursing practice
· Health and safety in veterinary nursing practice
The theory aspects of the course are taught at College to prepare you for the Central Qualifications examinations. You will be required to complete written assignments, multiple choice and practical examinations, and a Trainer/Assessor will visit your workplace to monitor your progress.
The practical aspects of the course will be assessed in your workplace. You will complete an online log and be supervised by a nominated clinical coach.
A position at university, a specialist centre and teaching are all options if you successfully complete your studies. Alternatively, you could further your career with specialist qualifications such as a medical or surgical diploma.
|Course Title||Veterinary Nursing Apprenticeship Level 3|
You need five
You need five
I really enjoy studying at Bridgwater & Taunton College. All of my lessons have a friendly atmosphere and my tutors push me to be the best I can be. Studying here has allowed me to gain the qualifications I need to go on to degree level.
Add to Shortlist