Select date to apply
Add to Shortlist
This is an enjoyable and stimulating course that has a strong emphasis on practical woodworking skills. In the specialist furniture workshop you will develop you own quality furniture using modern machines and hand tools. The design studio is where you will learn the background theory to working in wood and constructing furniture, alongside drawing and design skills.
Units may include:
· Using all workshop tools, machines and equipment to undertake practical tasks
· Using techniques to produce shaped and veneered parts
· Construct and assemble furniture and cabinets
· Fit a range of doors, drawers and cabinet hardware
· Apply mouldings and finishes, and make necessary adjustments to finished pieces
· Producing project cutting lists, patterns, jigs and working drawings
· Designing a piece of furniture as a final project
You will be assessed through practical projects, a portfolio of evidence, assignments and examinations.
You could progress to our Level 3 Diploma in Furniture Design & Manufacture course, start a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Furniture Making or explore a variety of career opportunities in the furniture and woodworking industry. Alternatively you could enrol on a Foundation Degree in Furniture Studies at a specialist furniture college or university, a National Diploma in Art, Design and Craft, or any other design-based subject dependent on achieving an appropriate level of qualification.
|Course Title||Practical Furniture Making Diploma Level 2|
You need a Level 1 furniture qualification or a similar woodworking
I really enjoy studying at Bridgwater & Taunton College. All of my lessons have a friendly atmosphere and my tutors push me to be the best I can be. Studying here has allowed me to gain the qualifications I need to go on to degree level.
Add to Shortlist