Select date to apply
Add to Shortlist
The purpose of the Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices is to provide you with Digital Industry awareness. It will also provide you with a chance to develop knowledge and skills relating to coding with the view to seeking employment or proceeding to further study in this area.
This qualification aims to increase your knowledge and skills within coding practices. It will help you:
– understand the stages of the software development lifecycle, software methodologies and how working as a team contributes to effective software delivery
– understand the purpose and use of coding standards, coding principles and practices and coding design process
– write and debug interpreted and compiled code distinguishing the different coding solutions
– fix bugs using appropriate techniques and reflect on how the bug could have been prevented
– understand about deployment, configuration management and version control systems.
This course will provide a gateway to career possibilities within Digital industries of which there are many skills shortages. The flexible delivery approach will allow you to explore the Digital sector whilst still maintaining your current circumstances.
Our specialist lecturers and state of the art facilities will ensure that you are able to achieve the best results and progress to further study if you wish.
This a FREE course for all adults aged 19+ who have not yet completed a Level 3 qualification (A Level equivalent).To achieve this qualification youll need to complete five mandatory units:
– Unit 01 Coding requirements and planning
– Unit 02 Understand coding design
– Unit 03 Implementation of coding
– Unit 04 Software testing
– Unit 05 Understand deployment, maintenance and configuration management.
Assessment methods are assignment based, both in class and online.
– Level 3 or Level 4 Digital Apprenticeships.
– Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices.
– Employment in related sectors.
|Course Title||Certificate in Coding Practices Level 3|
No formal entry requirements, although an interest in computer technologies
|Attendance Requirements||This qualification will require two evenings a week of study. You will attend face to face learning on Tuesday evenings and digitally via Microsoft Teams on Thursday evenings.|
I decided to do Level 2 Business which I thoroughly enjoyed which made me chose to develop my understanding of Business and so then I went on to do Level 3 in Business. I have gained confidence, knowledge and multiple skills throughout the course and It has helped me to understand what I want to do in the future.
Add to Shortlist