Select date to apply
Add to Shortlist
This a FREE course for all adults aged 19+ who have not yet completed a Level 3 qualification (A Level equivalent). If you already hold a Level 3 qualification or above, you may still be able to receive funding through an Advanced Learner Loan.
The purpose of the Level 3 Certificate in Cyber Security Practices is to provide you with Digital Industry awareness. It will also provide you with a chance to develop knowledge and skills relating to cyber security practices with the view to seeking employment or proceeding to further study in this area.
This qualification aims to increase your knowledge and skills within cyber security. The qualification will help you to understand:
– key terminology and legislation used in cyber security and understanding and the consequences and implications of inadequate cyber security
– the Threat Model and the behaviours and effects of malicious software
– how to reduce or remove a cyber security vulnerability and how to apply a cyber security control
– cyber security incident response plans and how to carry out a cyber security incident post mortem
– the behaviours and skills expected within cyber security.
This course will provide a gateway to career possibilities within Digital industries of which there are many skills shortages. The flexible delivery approach will allow you to explore the Digital sector whilst still maintaining your current circumstances.
Our specialist lecturers and state of the art facilities will ensure that you are able to achieve the best results and progress to further study if you wish.
To achieve this qualification you will need to complete six mandatory units:
– Unit 01 Understand Cyber Security Principles
– Unit 02 Understand Threat Intelligence in Cyber Security
– Unit 03 Cyber Security Testing, Vulnerabilities and Controls
– Unit 04 Cyber Security Incident Response
– Unit 05 Understand legislation and ethical conduct within cyber security
– Unit 06 Professional Skills and Behaviours for Cyber Security.
Assessment methods are assignment based, both in class and online.
– Level 3 or Level 4 Digital Apprenticeships
– Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices
– Employment in related sectors.
|Course Title||Certificate in Cyber Security Practices Level 3|
No formal entry requirements, although an interest in computer technologies
|Attendance Requirements||This qualification will require two evenings a week of study. You will attend face to face learning on Tuesday evenings and digitally via Microsoft Teams on Thursday evenings.|
I decided to do Level 2 Business which I thoroughly enjoyed which made me chose to develop my understanding of Business and so then I went on to do Level 3 in Business. I have gained confidence, knowledge and multiple skills throughout the course and It has helped me to understand what I want to do in the future.
Add to Shortlist
© 2023 Bridgwater & Taunton College, Bath Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4PZ, United Kingdom | Terms / Privacy / Cookies | Accessibility Made by Wave