National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are work-related, competence-based qualifications. They reflect the knowledge and competence needed to carry out a job effectively and show that a candidate is competent in the area of work the NVQ represents.
This NVQ is particularly useful if you are presently working in the radiological protection sector of the nuclear industry. No matter what industry training you have had, the NVQ 2 is the recognised qualification for work in these important roles.
We have industry specialist staff with up-to-date qualifications and experience. You will be a student of the Nuclear Skills Academy for the Southwest, withy a specialist assessment team. Accreditation for your specialist knowledge and training is given.
Units of study:
– Respond to radiation incidents within ionising radiation environments
– Monitor radiation hazards within ionising radiation environments
– Monitor radiation conditions during work activities within ionising radiation environments
– Monitor people during radiation-related work activities within ionising radiation environments
– Monitor environmental conditions during radiation-related work activities within ionising radiation environments
– Test the functioning of radiation protection equipment within ionising radiation environments.
– Undertake radiation-related work activities within ionising radiation environments
– Record information on radiation protection within ionising radiation environments.
Additional costs: £2,300 per candidate plus visit cost, dependant on location (up to 5) £550 per visit.
Start dates throughout the year to suit your work situations.
You will be assessed in a number of ways including, professional discussion, observation, use of witness testaments, job knowledge questions, and prior knowledge. Your performance will be assessed in the workplace by a suitably qualified assessor.
PAAVQSET Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Radiation Protection.
|Course Title||Radiation Protection PAAVQSET Level 2 NVQ Diploma|
Must be working in a nuclear related industry and be able to meet all the
‘I’ve thoroughly enjoyed studying my Level 2 Distance Learning course. It has enabled me to learn different skills, refresh my current knowledge and the support and feedback from my tutor was outstanding. I can’t wait to enrol onto my next’
Add to Shortlist