Select date to apply
Add to Shortlist
This course is for those wishing to work in the fitness industry who would like to study through work-based learning. The programme emphasises practical ability, backed up with an understanding of the principles involved. The course is divided into three sections:
· YMCA Level 2 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
· YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing
· YMCA Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Exercise and Fitness
Course content is tailored to your needs and may include:
· Employment rights and responsibilities
· Anatomy and physiology for exercise
· Principles of exercise, fitness and health
· Diet and nutrition
· Planning and instructing gym based exercise
· Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
· Design, manage and adapt a personal training programme with clients
· Motivate clients to maintain long term adherence to exercise and physical activity
· Deliver exercise and physical activity as part of a personal training programme
You will be assessed by multiple choice exams, workbooks, practical assessments and a portfolio of evidence. You will be visited regularly by an Assessor to check your progress and ensure you are building evidence towards your final qualification.
On successful completion you can progress to study a Foundation Degree at Level 4 and 5 within Sports Coaching, Health, Fitness & Exercise, Sports Development, Sports Science and Leisure Management.
|Course Title||Exercise and Fitness Apprenticeship Level 3|
You need five
I really enjoy studying at Bridgwater & Taunton College. All of my lessons have a friendly atmosphere and my tutors push me to be the best I can be. Studying here has allowed me to gain the qualifications I need to go on to degree level.
Add to Shortlist