The duration of this course is 16-20 weeks. Guided learning hours are 8-10 hours per week dependent upon knowledge of the subject.
Unit 01 Understand person-centred care
This unit is aimed at those working in a wide range of settings. It provides the learner with the knowledge required to understand how to work in a person-centred way.
1. Understand person-centred approaches for care and support
2. Understand the importance of establishing consent when providing care or support
3. Understand how to encourage active participation
4. Understand how to support the individuals well-being
Unit 02 Understand how to support personal hygiene
This unit provides the learner with the knowledge required to support an individual in maintaining personal hygiene.
1. Understand the importance of good personal hygiene
2. Understand how to support an individual with their personal hygiene
3. Know the underlying issues which may result in poor personal hygiene
Unit 03 Understand foot care for individuals
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding required to support individuals with foot care.
1. Understand the basic structure and function of the foot
2. Understand the causes and risk factors of foot problems
3. Understand how to carry out foot and nail care
4. Understand reporting and referral procedures in relation to foot care
Unit 04 Understand how to support individuals to maintain oral health
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding required to support individuals to maintain oral health.
1. Understand the importance of good oral health
2. Know how to support an individual to maintain good oral health
3. Understand the effects of oral health on well-being
4. Know the importance of including oral health in care plans and records
Unit 05 Understand pressure area care
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of pressure area care. They will also understand good practice, how to follow an agreed care plan and the importance of valid consent in order to carry out pressure area care.
1. Understand factors contributing to the development of pressure sores
2. Understand good practice in relation to pressure area care
3. Understand how to follow an agreed care plan
4. Know about materials, equipment and resources available to undertake pressure area care
5. Understand how to undertake pressure area care
Unit 06 Understand sepsis
The aim of this unit is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of sepsis and who it may affect. The learner will also understand signs, symptoms, causes and treatments of sepsis.
1. Know what sepsis is and who it may affect
2. Understand causes of sepsis
3. Understand signs and symptoms of sepsis
4. Understand different treatments for sepsis
5. Understand regulation and guidance in relation to sepsis
Assessments are due at the end of each unit. Your tutor will assess your work and build up your portfolio of evidence of learning. A certificate will be awarded on satisfactory submission of evidence of learning for the units studied.
The staff have been very supportive they will do anything to help whether it be staying late or putting in 100% to make the lessons more suited to you. The staff have backgrounds in the specific course in which you want to take which helps to get another person’s view on what it’s like to work in the sector and also the course covers all areas of the subject and there is nothing that isn’t covered within the syllabus and modules.
Add to Shortlist