As part of the College’s annual Raise and Give (RAG) event, students and staff across all three campuses (Bridgwater, Taunton and Cannington) raised in excess of £2000 for local charities.
The college-wide event, 12 Days of RAG, supported four local charities; St Giles Animal Centre Rescue, Love Musgrove, Rusty Road 2 Recovery and the British Red Cross, and took place throughout December.
Student Engagement Manager, Keira Scott, said, “It is an honour to know the staff and students at BTC are able support our local communities. Charities rely heavily on fundraising for a large percentage of their income, but it is not just about money it is also helping to promote a charity’s message and encourage others to get involved and spread the word of their goals. I am extremely proud of the efforts the BTC community has gone to this year and wish everyone a relaxing festive season.”
The College’s Student Support team supported students to organise and run the event each year, with students coming up with a variety of fundraising activities. There were some really inventive activities including a guess the number of balloons in a tractor, eSports competitions, silent disco, raffles, rodeo reindeer and much more, Andy Berry, Principal even appeared in the staff Nativity play!
Other activities included:
- Electrical students organised head shaving
- Hair and Beauty students organised pamper days
- Foundation Learning students organised bake sales, made and sold Christmas decorations
- IT students organised eSports events and raised money to purchase items for local food banks
- Early Years students organised a guess the goat competition
- Animal Care students organised a treasure hunt
- The Creative Arts department organised many different activities which included, bingo, VR, sold art prints and soft toys and donated food to food banks
- Performing Arts students put on a Matinee performance
- Automotive organised an activity to guess how many nuts and bolts were in the jar.
If you would like to know more about studying at BTC come along to one of the College’s open events. Visit the Events page to find out more.