Pathways | Bridgwater & Taunton College

We pride ourselves on offering unprecedented choice to every learner who comes through our doors.

If you dream of university and are more academic, A Levels or T Levels may be the pathway you wish to follow. If you know you like to learn by doing things, Technical & Professional courses or Apprenticeships might be a good choice for you.

Take a look at our video content below, which will introduce you to each of the pathways available at Bridgwater & Taunton College.

A Levels

If you’re leaving school soon and have achieved great GCSE results, A Levels might seem like an obvious next step. Subjects are classroom-based, and are exciting, varied and widely recognised by universities and employers.

Learn more

T Levels

T Levels are equivalent to three A Levels, and students spend 80% of the course in their learning environment, with the other 20% taking place in a meaningful industry placement.

Learn more

Technical & Professional Courses

At school, you’ll have spent a lot of time in classrooms. If you choose a technical & professional course, you’ll learn in industry-standard settings, designed like real-life workplaces.

Learn more

Apprenticeships

If you’re keen to get out of the classroom and into the workplace, and want to gain nationally-recognised qualifications that will help kickstart your career, then an Apprenticeship could be for you.

Learn more

Higher Education

University Centre Somerset (UCS) believes in fostering ambition and unlocking potential, not just focusing on exam results. That's why our motto is: DEGREES FOR REAL LIFE.

Learn more

Next Events See all events...

Latest News See all news...

A Whole New Perspective: Student End of Year Exhibition Displays a Plethora of Art

Wednesday 10 July 2024

Rebellious Teens and Rockabilly Beats: ‘Cry-Baby: The Musical’ Wows Sell-out Theatre

Friday 05 July 2024

Great Expectations Launches Thrilling Walled Gardens Outdoor Theatre Season

Thursday 04 July 2024

© 2024 Bridgwater & Taunton College, Bath Road, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4PZ, United Kingdom | Terms / Privacy / Cookies | Accessibility Made by Wave