How can you help?
As a parent or carer, you can make a real difference to a young person’s chance of success at College. Please work in partnership with us to help young people achieve the best they can. Here are some of the ways you can help:
- We ask students to wear a lanyard – for their own safety so that we know anyone on campus has a right to be there. Check your young person has theirs before they leave for College.
- We promote full attendance and good punctuality – students who miss lessons or are regularly late are less likely to succeed. Encourage them to get up, get in, and stay the day.
- Young people sometimes don’t realise the importance of English and Maths – so important for future study or employment. Check they are attending these lessons especially.
- Encourage your young person to make the most of their time here – join an Academy, Club or Society, become a Student Rep or take up the Duke of Edinburgh Award, seek Careers Advice about next steps.
- Keep asking how your young person is getting on – do they know their attendance? Are you attending parent / carer events?