The scholarship offers the following to BTC students:
- Automatic enrolment in to the College’s A Level and IB Honours Academy, which provides specialist tutorial support for high achieving students.
- Specialist additional teaching and support depending on your intended destination.
- A full scholarship –
- £1,000 towards your first year tuition fees at any of the following:
- Cambridge or Oxford University
- Any Russell Group university (visit russellgroup.ac.uk)
- A music conservatoire in the UK (see cukas.ac.uk)
- A medical school in the UK
- Other leading institutions, perhaps specialising in your field of study, at the discretion of the Scholarships Admissions Panel
- A part scholarship –
- A voucher scheme to assist with your academic studies while at BTC
- To include funding for equipment, books and/or residentials and field trips (such as New York, Costa Rica or Morocco)
- And/or funding of academic or research projects to enhance your studies and extra curricular activities
- A minimum of eight GCSE in the 9 to 5 range including English and Maths, with at least five 7-9 grades
- Successful completion of the Bridgwater & Taunton College Scholarship application process
- Evidence of a firm commitment towards extra curricular activities
- Ambition, enthusiasm, talent and a capacity for hard work
Full or part scholarship will be awarded based on the outcomes of the following application process:
- Successful initial application (see below)*
- Scholarship interview
- Confirmation of GCSE grades
- Clear progression plans (templates to be provided)
*Automatic interviews for IB applicants
The scholarship is awarded on merit. However, other bursaries are available for students from low income households, which can be claimed in addition to any awards under the Scholarship scheme. For further information please call Student Support on 01278 441233 or email email@example.com.
Additional terms and conditions may apply. These will be agreed upon offer of the Scholarship.