As a diverse, competitive and quality employer, we regularly review our staffing policies and our reward and benefits package. With more than 1600 staff, deployed over 3 campuses in Bridgwater, Taunton & Cannington, and in many role types, we have a variety of contracts, terms and conditions and staff benefits.
Staff may access benefits across the categories of financial, health and wellbeing, leisure and pleasure, family and personal leave, and development. All staff may access the following benefits from their very first day:
- Competitive salaries
- Two defined benefits pension schemes. For further information visit the Teachers’ Pensions website or visit the Local Government Pension Scheme website.
Family and Personal
- Generous holiday entitlement, plus bank holidays and 2 week Christmas closure.
- Staff may purchase additional annual leave or request a career break.
- Childcare Centre located at our Bridgwater Campus, offering a 5% staff discount on childcare fees.
- Onsite childcare provision at the Taunton Campus, Mama Bears Day nursery.
- Childcare vouchers? If you are using registered or approved childcare, you can choose to take up to £243 of your salary each month in Childcare Vouchers to pay for it. The Vouchers are tax and National Insurance free, which means you get extra value from your pay each month that you can then use to spend on whatever you like!
Health and Wellbeing
- College gym membership for as little as £15 per month (salary deduction option avaiable), or discounted Nuffield Health gym membership.
- Discounted Simply Heath health insurance available
- Our cycle to work scheme means staff can use salary scrifice (saving on tax and NI contributions) to purchase a bike or cycling accessories up to £1,000.
- Occupational health service
- Free in-house counselling service
- Eye care, including free eye test and a contribution towards glasses and/or contact lenses.
- Staff discounts at both Bridgwater and Taunton Campuses’ hair and beauty salons.
- NUS Extra Discount Card
- Microsoft Office Packages
Leisure and Pleasure
Bridgwater & Taunton College has a variety of businesses open to the public, such as the Quantock Restuarant and McMillan Theatre. Staff are welcome to visit all and can enjoy discounts at:
- Cannington Golf Centre
- The Walled Gardens of Cannington (and Tea Rooms)
- Cannington Equestrian Centre
- Cannington Activity Centre
- Annual support and teaching staff achievement recognition (STAR) awards
- Long service awards
- Team dinners
- Recognition and celebration cakes