The College is an organisation that values the rights and responsibilities of individuals. We aim to achieve success by promoting a hardworking, safe and friendly College.
Professional Expectations 2023-24
Teaching, learning and working
- Create and maintain a calm, supportive and professional environment in which to learn and work, and value attendance and punctuality
- Understand the importance of English and maths for future study or work
- Reflect wisely, be committed to learning, behave to professional standards, and co-operate well with all others
- Prepare all for their next phase of their employment, education, or training
- Wear appropriate PPE where required in areas such as workshops.
The BTC and UCS culture
- Promote the Fundamental British Values of democracy, individual liberty, the rule of law and mutual respect and tolerance
- Ensure that learners and staff feel safe because as a community we do not accept bullying, harassment, sexual harassment, or discrimination, online or offline
- Promote equality of opportunity and celebrate diversity
- Meet the needs of all learners and staff, irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, relationship status or pregnancy
- Take steps to respond to the climate emergency
- Support and promote physical and mental health, and support one another to enhance our wellbeing
- Be aware that we are representing BTC and UCS wherever we are.
As a Community we do observe a number of rules
- To always wear a lanyard
- Never to use offensive or discriminatory language
- To use designated areas to smoke, and only vape outside and away from windows
- Not to eat food in classrooms
- To park in marked spaces, observe the 10mph speed limit, and only use e-scooters where they are permitted
- To put litter in bins and follow recycling guidance
- To follow any government or BTC/UCS rules about health, safety, and hygiene
- To look after College equipment and property
- To dress appropriately for a professional environment
- Never to bring alcohol, drugs, weapons, pornography, or offensive/hateful material onto campuses.
- Respect and be considerate to others
- Understand the impact of harmful sexual comments and behaviour
- Observe Coronavirus precautions
- Wear your lanyard and ID at all times
- Look after College equipment and property
- Don’t smoke except in designated areas
- Avoid alcohol, drugs, weapons, pornography and hateful material
Following our Professional Expectations
If we fail in our promise to you, please tell us or make a complaint, and we will always try our best to put things right.
If you cannot meet our expectations, we may have to implement the College Disciplinary Procedure – but we always try to make this a supportive and restorative process.