Choosing what to do after school can be hard. Every course is different, so it’s important to know what’s on offer before deciding which option is best for you. Bridgwater & Taunton College (BTC) provides five different types of course or ‘pathway’ (IB, A Levels, BTEC/vocational, Apprenticeships, T Levels). Each one is different, so it’s important to pick one which suits you, how you like to learn, and the career or job you would like to have in the future. So what’s special about T Levels?
- T Level students can go to university – T Levels are a more hands-on option than A Levels and the International Baccalaureate, but are still Level 3 qualifications, are recognised by universities and have the same credibility. This means that if you have a T Level, you can still apply for a university course or a degree Apprenticeship, such as those available at the University Centre Somerset.
- T Levels are designed by employers – T Levels are for young people who want professional, skilled jobs. They have been created in conjunction with employers who know what they want from their future employees, so T Levels will give you a grounding in the knowledge and skills you will need in your chosen career. Completing a work placement also means you will gain employability skills useful in any workplace.
- T Level students use state-of-the-art facilities – BTC has invested over £3 million in its’ Taunton campus so that T Level students have the best facilities available for their in-class training. This includes a new Digital Suite complete with high-spec computers, viewing screen, conference and break-out rooms. A specialist Health (Nursing) and Early Years training facility and a modernised Industry Skills Centre, all created to help you gain skills and knowledge in industry-standard settings.
- T Levels are hands on and in class – T Levels are a great stepping stone from the world of school to the world of work. They combine both in-class learning and work experience. If you choose a T Level, you will spend about 20% of the course in an industry placement, getting practical experience in your chosen profession or business sector. The rest of the time, you’ll be in class, gaining the skills and knowledge you’ll use in the workplace. It’s the best of both worlds!
- T Level students can pick from lots of subjects – Bridgwater & Taunton College (BTC) is one of the largest providers of T Levels in Somerset, so there are lots of subjects for you to choose from. They include Construction, Digital, Automotive, Education & Childcare, Health (Nursing), Business Management & Information, Land-based industries, Hair, Beauty and Barbering, Creative Arts and Engineering – and more are on their way!
- T Level students receive iPads – As part of BTC’s digital transformation project, every student studying a T Level is given an iPad to support their learning. The tech assists you with your studies, it encourages wider reading and enables you to develop academic independence, complete research and access multimedia.
- T Levels get great feedback – Our T Level students say they feel inspired and motivated by what they learn both in class and during placements. Employers have praised T Level students for their attitude, knowledge and ability to work well with colleagues. Some have been so impressed by their T Level placement students that they have offered them jobs, Apprenticeships or further training opportunities. T Levels have opened up opportunities for everyone!
T Levels are just one of the options you can choose from after school. Every course – IB, A Levels, BTEC/vocational, Apprenticeships, T Levels – offers you something different, so it’s important to weigh up your options and pick the right one for you.
We’re here to help! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bridgwater & Taunton College’s Information and Advice team on 01278 441234 or email email@example.com. Our website www.btc.ac.uk will also allow you to view the course options, enrichment opportunities and support services available for you to access. Alternatively, come along to one of our open events; view our facilities, speak with our experienced staff and experience the BTC atmosphere.